We all have dreams that we are pursuing, some big and some small. We spend many years along with a lot of our time, energy, passion and finances invested into reaching our desired destinations.
Unfortunately for some the dreams we have spent many years working towards does not yield the results we hoped for. There seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. You can end up feeling exhausted & like you’ve wasted your time. You could be questioning whether its now time to throw in the towel.
Finding a new passion or going down a different career path may be the answer to your frustrations. It can seem like the best thing to do at a time when you may be feeling insecure. While quitting your dreams may seem like the right thing to do here are 5 questions you should ask yourself before quitting the dreams which once inspired you to live.
1) What was the reason you pursued this goal to begin with & what has changed?
2) Did you set realistic goals & were your actions measurable? did you incorporate the SMART method into your plan (Specific/Measurable/Attainable/Realistic/Time-bound)
3) How much have you already invested into your dreams?
4) What is the worst that can happen if you continue to works towards your dreams?
5) What would you advise to your best friend if they were in your shoes?
I didn’t write any answers as this is a quick exercise to help you determine whether continuing to work toward your dreams is the right thing for you to do. The path to success is very hard especially if the dream you have is a big one. Take your time, meditate and become one with your decision. After all its only you that will have to live with any decision you make. Peace & Love