Marketing is a process by which your product or service is introduced and promoted to potential customers.
Planning an effective marketing strategy will take time and effort. Implementing the strategy can be exciting and fun or overwhelming and daunting. Either way having a marketing strategy is vital to the sustainability and success of any business. Your marketing strategy will help you to define your message, learn more about your ideal customers, and know which media channels you will use to effectively get your message across.
Overall your marketing plan should cover everything from advertising and public relations, to sales and promotions. Below are 7 questions that you must ask yourself before you start your business marketing plan.
- Do you have a clear idea of what it is that you want to accomplish from creating and implementing your strategic marketing plan?
- Are there any other creative ways (think outside the box) that you can get your marketing message across to its target audience?
- Will you be giving any incentives? Have you offered any free samples, vouchers or introductory savings in your marketing strategy?
- Have you incorporated your USP into your message?
- Have you clearly identified the obstacles that your target market is faced with and have you thought of any solutions to remove these obstacles?
- Will you display any documented facts in regards to the testimonials you have received about your products and services?
- Have you decided on a marketing budget?
We hope the questions above gets your creative juices flowing and helps you to develop a marketing strategy that will propel your business and vision to the next level.